It is the duty of all members to promote the mission, interests, and well-being of the association
- Both individual and institutional members receive the programmatic benefits of membership, but only individuals may exercise the following rights
- Vote in elections as defined in the bylaws,
- Hold office within, and/or
- Present at the national conference, unless specifically invited to do so by the Conference Committee.
- Discount for AGSA events
- Discount for journals
- Access to online books in the AGSA online library
- Membership is open to students, individuals and institutions involved in gender and feminist teaching, learning, research, administration, activism, service and those who consider themselves as friends of AGSA.
- Students and Institutions will have to provide ID(Student ID or University ID). Students will also have to provide duration of course.
- Members should support the mission, purpose and programmes of the Association, adhere to the Code of Ethics and policies and pay the stipulated membership dues though the board can establish additional conditions for membership through the association’s by-laws.
- Membership is not limited to any citizenship, as long as there is goodwill and/or demonstrable affinity with the association’s purpose
- Student members: Kshs. 1,000 per year
- Individual members: Kshs. 2,000 per year.
- Institutional members: Ksh. 5,000 per year.
- Friends of AGSA: The equivalent of an Individual member’s fee plus any extra voluntary contribution/s.
Read terms of membership here
To apply for membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that your email has:
- Your full name.
- phone number
- Institution (if affiliated to one)
- Level of membership (Individual, student, Institution or Friend)
- The word Accept (to show you have read the privacy T&Cs, which can be found here)